Sunday, February 6, 2011

Love

I'm sitting here now with my little girl draped over my back her head on my shoulder and her cheek against mine. The Princess and the Frog is on the TV for the umptie millionth time.
It's been a little over a month since mama died. We both got colds so we stayed home from church. No sense in infecting everyone around. Bad enough she's got to go to school in the morning. I hope it's not catching to bad.
The hospice that helped me take care of mama in her last days called last week. I have an appointment with the bereavement counselor tomorrow. I have no clue what to expect.
Life goes on. The pain will ebb but not go away totally. My logical mind tells me this. But my heart is still breaking.
My cousin will hopefully be here this weekend to help me take care of the taxes. So much to do to get things taken care of.
In the mean time it helps to be here among her things.
Smile and hug someone you love. You never know when it may be the last time you get to.

No comments:

Post a Comment